Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Corruption


First project of my fashion design BA course. The aim of this project is all about three-dimensional shape on the body - being creative and produce something extraordinary. 
Specifically, i draw inspiration from Andre Kertesz and Hans Ballmer who sculpture and photography abstraction human figures. The key words i wrote down are distortion,  enlargement and toughness. 






I also be inspired by a vintage garment from the Benenden archive housed at Kingston. And i selected this oversize and functional men's coat.












While i was draping on the mannequin, i keep vertical line on my mind.



To outline the change from my first tolie to the second one, i clearly placed the pictures on the two sides.




One of my method to keep refreshing and getting more inspiration - is to collage the research and recreate new images.






Getting advice from my tutor David Stirling Frizzell, i put my final piece on both male and female model to see the difference and similarity of my design on two sexual bodies. I am surprise to find that it look more dramatic on Women and more relativistic and wearable on men. 



In summary, this corruption project is really helpful for me to push boundaries and be experimental and exploitative on different shapes. 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any tips on how to get listed in
    Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it

    Feel free to visit my web site - how much should i weigh calculator

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT BLOG....I miss being in College.

    ReplyDelete